- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Harold "Bill" Whitehead, 83, of Advance was born April 4, 1927, at Advance, the son of Leo and Letha Ladd Whitehead and passed away Sept. 25, 2010, at his home.
Bill had been in the trucking industry for 50 years. He was a Veteran of World War II, serving in the U.S. Navy. He was a 32nd Degree Mason and Scottish Rite.
Bill and Bernece Revelle were united in marriage on April 30, 1947, at Piggott, Ark., and she survives of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Keith Whitehead of Charleston, Mo.; a daughter, Linda Slinkard of Advance; a brother, Ronald Whitehead of Corsicana, Texas; four sisters, Shirley Carlton of Zalma, Mo., Mary Fisher of Marble Hill, Mo., Janice Snider of Marble Hill, Donna Hellings of Pensacola, Fla.: seven grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be held from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance. Masonic Rites will be held at 7 p.m. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ray Placher officiating. Burial will follow at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance, with full military rites.