- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Pray to stop gambling
I've been reading the letters to the editor for some time. Where is the church? Where are the God-fearing preachers? We need men of God that have a solid Holy Spirit backbone to take a stand against sin.
The way the economy is, people don't have extra money to gamble. They act like gaming is going to be the salvation of all our problems.
Eighty percent of the people who go to a casino can't afford to gamble. We need a great revival in the area. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." This will heal our land.
We need to pray and get hold of the throne of God. Churches ought to have a citywide prayer meeting. Every born-again believer needs to fast and pray for the defeat of gaming.
May God help us.
MARVIN WORMINGTON, Jackson