- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Mom angry her autistic son was left on bus; he later was discovered at bus lot (8/16/16)15
- Cape man to serve at least 21 months in prison for food-stamp fraud (8/16/16)5
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Store dedicated solely to Pokemon products will open soon in Cape (8/16/16)1
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Pray to stop gambling
I've been reading the letters to the editor for some time. Where is the church? Where are the God-fearing preachers? We need men of God that have a solid Holy Spirit backbone to take a stand against sin.
The way the economy is, people don't have extra money to gamble. They act like gaming is going to be the salvation of all our problems.
Eighty percent of the people who go to a casino can't afford to gamble. We need a great revival in the area. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." This will heal our land.
We need to pray and get hold of the throne of God. Churches ought to have a citywide prayer meeting. Every born-again believer needs to fast and pray for the defeat of gaming.
May God help us.
MARVIN WORMINGTON, Jackson