- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Pray to stop gambling
I've been reading the letters to the editor for some time. Where is the church? Where are the God-fearing preachers? We need men of God that have a solid Holy Spirit backbone to take a stand against sin.
The way the economy is, people don't have extra money to gamble. They act like gaming is going to be the salvation of all our problems.
Eighty percent of the people who go to a casino can't afford to gamble. We need a great revival in the area. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." This will heal our land.
We need to pray and get hold of the throne of God. Churches ought to have a citywide prayer meeting. Every born-again believer needs to fast and pray for the defeat of gaming.
May God help us.
MARVIN WORMINGTON, Jackson