- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)6
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
More than impatience
I do not understand the animosity toward President Obama as he is trying to solve our problems with the help of some of our most renowned advisers. It seems to be more than impatience or a short attention span on the part of voters. This is a quote from Speak Out recently: "Under President Obama it's [gasoline prices] jumped up to $4 and is now well more than $2 a gallon. And you consider that a sign that Obama is doing a good job?"
In June of 2008 I was in Sidney, Neb., and the price was more than $4 a gallon, but Obama's election didn't occur until November later that year. Is this deliberate misinformation or stupidity with a bad memory?
HARLAN E. FIEHLER, Thebes, Ill.