- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
More than impatience
I do not understand the animosity toward President Obama as he is trying to solve our problems with the help of some of our most renowned advisers. It seems to be more than impatience or a short attention span on the part of voters. This is a quote from Speak Out recently: "Under President Obama it's [gasoline prices] jumped up to $4 and is now well more than $2 a gallon. And you consider that a sign that Obama is doing a good job?"
In June of 2008 I was in Sidney, Neb., and the price was more than $4 a gallon, but Obama's election didn't occur until November later that year. Is this deliberate misinformation or stupidity with a bad memory?
HARLAN E. FIEHLER, Thebes, Ill.