- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
More than impatience
I do not understand the animosity toward President Obama as he is trying to solve our problems with the help of some of our most renowned advisers. It seems to be more than impatience or a short attention span on the part of voters. This is a quote from Speak Out recently: "Under President Obama it's [gasoline prices] jumped up to $4 and is now well more than $2 a gallon. And you consider that a sign that Obama is doing a good job?"
In June of 2008 I was in Sidney, Neb., and the price was more than $4 a gallon, but Obama's election didn't occur until November later that year. Is this deliberate misinformation or stupidity with a bad memory?
HARLAN E. FIEHLER, Thebes, Ill.