- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
More than impatience
I do not understand the animosity toward President Obama as he is trying to solve our problems with the help of some of our most renowned advisers. It seems to be more than impatience or a short attention span on the part of voters. This is a quote from Speak Out recently: "Under President Obama it's [gasoline prices] jumped up to $4 and is now well more than $2 a gallon. And you consider that a sign that Obama is doing a good job?"
In June of 2008 I was in Sidney, Neb., and the price was more than $4 a gallon, but Obama's election didn't occur until November later that year. Is this deliberate misinformation or stupidity with a bad memory?
HARLAN E. FIEHLER, Thebes, Ill.