- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
More than impatience
I do not understand the animosity toward President Obama as he is trying to solve our problems with the help of some of our most renowned advisers. It seems to be more than impatience or a short attention span on the part of voters. This is a quote from Speak Out recently: "Under President Obama it's [gasoline prices] jumped up to $4 and is now well more than $2 a gallon. And you consider that a sign that Obama is doing a good job?"
In June of 2008 I was in Sidney, Neb., and the price was more than $4 a gallon, but Obama's election didn't occur until November later that year. Is this deliberate misinformation or stupidity with a bad memory?
HARLAN E. FIEHLER, Thebes, Ill.