- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
Congratulations to the eight Southeast Missouri school districts that posted perfect scores in the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) educational assessment report. The school districts are Altenburg, Jackson, Leopold, Meadow Heights, Nell Holcomb, Oak Ridge, Woodland and Zalma.
To receive a perfect score, K-8 school districts must meet all seven academic standards and K-12 school districts must meet all 14 academic standards in the annual performance assessment.
Of the 18 school districts in Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, Perry and Scott counties, 12 achieved the mark of distinction, a performance marker reserved for Missouri K-8 school systems that meet six of seven standards and K-12 school districts that meet at least 13 of 14 academic standards. According to DESE, 208 of 522 districts in the state earned the distinction honor.
All the Southeast Missouri school districts scored well above the accreditation marker.
The performance reports are a strong reflection on Southeast Missouri's teachers, administrators, parents, and of course, students. Southeast Missouri school districts are not only enriching the lives of the students but also the region.
Our students are well on their way to a great future.