- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
Congratulations to the eight Southeast Missouri school districts that posted perfect scores in the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) educational assessment report. The school districts are Altenburg, Jackson, Leopold, Meadow Heights, Nell Holcomb, Oak Ridge, Woodland and Zalma.
To receive a perfect score, K-8 school districts must meet all seven academic standards and K-12 school districts must meet all 14 academic standards in the annual performance assessment.
Of the 18 school districts in Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, Perry and Scott counties, 12 achieved the mark of distinction, a performance marker reserved for Missouri K-8 school systems that meet six of seven standards and K-12 school districts that meet at least 13 of 14 academic standards. According to DESE, 208 of 522 districts in the state earned the distinction honor.
All the Southeast Missouri school districts scored well above the accreditation marker.
The performance reports are a strong reflection on Southeast Missouri's teachers, administrators, parents, and of course, students. Southeast Missouri school districts are not only enriching the lives of the students but also the region.
Our students are well on their way to a great future.