- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Congratulations to the eight Southeast Missouri school districts that posted perfect scores in the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) educational assessment report. The school districts are Altenburg, Jackson, Leopold, Meadow Heights, Nell Holcomb, Oak Ridge, Woodland and Zalma.
To receive a perfect score, K-8 school districts must meet all seven academic standards and K-12 school districts must meet all 14 academic standards in the annual performance assessment.
Of the 18 school districts in Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, Perry and Scott counties, 12 achieved the mark of distinction, a performance marker reserved for Missouri K-8 school systems that meet six of seven standards and K-12 school districts that meet at least 13 of 14 academic standards. According to DESE, 208 of 522 districts in the state earned the distinction honor.
All the Southeast Missouri school districts scored well above the accreditation marker.
The performance reports are a strong reflection on Southeast Missouri's teachers, administrators, parents, and of course, students. Southeast Missouri school districts are not only enriching the lives of the students but also the region.
Our students are well on their way to a great future.