- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
Congratulations to the eight Southeast Missouri school districts that posted perfect scores in the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) educational assessment report. The school districts are Altenburg, Jackson, Leopold, Meadow Heights, Nell Holcomb, Oak Ridge, Woodland and Zalma.
To receive a perfect score, K-8 school districts must meet all seven academic standards and K-12 school districts must meet all 14 academic standards in the annual performance assessment.
Of the 18 school districts in Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, Perry and Scott counties, 12 achieved the mark of distinction, a performance marker reserved for Missouri K-8 school systems that meet six of seven standards and K-12 school districts that meet at least 13 of 14 academic standards. According to DESE, 208 of 522 districts in the state earned the distinction honor.
All the Southeast Missouri school districts scored well above the accreditation marker.
The performance reports are a strong reflection on Southeast Missouri's teachers, administrators, parents, and of course, students. Southeast Missouri school districts are not only enriching the lives of the students but also the region.
Our students are well on their way to a great future.