- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Congratulations to the eight Southeast Missouri school districts that posted perfect scores in the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) educational assessment report. The school districts are Altenburg, Jackson, Leopold, Meadow Heights, Nell Holcomb, Oak Ridge, Woodland and Zalma.
To receive a perfect score, K-8 school districts must meet all seven academic standards and K-12 school districts must meet all 14 academic standards in the annual performance assessment.
Of the 18 school districts in Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, Perry and Scott counties, 12 achieved the mark of distinction, a performance marker reserved for Missouri K-8 school systems that meet six of seven standards and K-12 school districts that meet at least 13 of 14 academic standards. According to DESE, 208 of 522 districts in the state earned the distinction honor.
All the Southeast Missouri school districts scored well above the accreditation marker.
The performance reports are a strong reflection on Southeast Missouri's teachers, administrators, parents, and of course, students. Southeast Missouri school districts are not only enriching the lives of the students but also the region.
Our students are well on their way to a great future.