- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Sawyer - Archer
Amber Jeneanne Sawyer and Marcus Duane Archer Jr. were married Nov. 7, 2009, at Harmony Congregational Methodist Church in Marble Hill, Mo. Andrew Malone performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Dean and Chris Sawyer of Whitewater. The groom is the son of Marc and Tana Archer of Vidalia, La.
Maid of honor was Krystal Floyd of Cape Girardeau, and matron of honor was Jennifer McDonald of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Monica Buck of St. Charles, Mo., Rachel Mathene of Marble Hill, and Mallory Archer of Vidalia, sister of the groom.
Drew Dearman of Petal, Miss., was best man. Groomsmen were Michael Gerald of Butler, Ga., Colin Stacy of Jackson, Miss., Keith Mcgehee of Ocean Springs, Miss., and Quentin Sawyer of Whitewater, brother of the bride.
Candlelighters were Cassidy and Shelby Sawyer of Marble Hill, cousins of the bride.
Flower girls were Evie and Lillie Brewster of Perryville, cousins of the bride. Ringbearer was Addison Malone of Jackson, Miss.
The reception was held at the church.
Mrs. Archer is a first grade teacher with Woodland School District in Marble Hill.
The groom is a staff member at Teen Challenge Mid-America Boarding Academy in Patterson, Mo.
The couple is residing in Patterson.