- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Here is a letter I sent this morning to Shelley Keeney, Jo Ann Emerson, Tommy Sowers, and the White House.
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 11:57 AM
Subject: poverty line
I am a Bollinger County resident and I need to share with you the state of economy in our county. I was driving through Marble Hill yesterday and noticed a large crowd gathered in a line. As I approached I realized it was the food pantry line. I was totally blown away by the amount of people waiting for the free food. I was born after the "Great Depression", so I have nothing to reference the sight to except the pictures I've seen on TV of food lines for the starving masses during the "Great Depression". This has bothered me a great deal and I think you, as our state rep, should make it a priority to see that Bollinger County gets some assistance in creating jobs in order our starving masses can at least buy food.
I am in the process of trying to contact the media regarding this. I am contacting all political contacts I can reach regarding the poverty in our beautiful county. I am banking on you MS. Keeney to do something to help. Thank You.