- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Esther D. Bachmann, 83, of Perryville died Monday, Sept. 20, 2010, at Independence Care Center of Perry County.
She was born Nov. 1, 1926, at Farrar, Mo., daughter of the late Ernst H. and Bertha Katherine Luehrs Mueller. She and Orville Bachmann were married May 21, 1949.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, David (Gail) Bachmann of Deer Park, Ill., Roy Bachmann of St. Louis; four daughters, Sharon Bachmann of Springfield, Mo., Glenda Bachmann of Gladstone, Mo., Sandra Bachmann of Kansas City, Mo., Charlene Bachmann of Hoyleton, Ill.; a brother, Armin (Gladys) Mueller of Perryville; seven sisters, Oneida Mahnken of Steeleville, Ill., Thelka Mueller, Mildred Bachmann, Florence (Donald) Steffens, Elinor Roth, all of Perryville, Agnes Martin of Salem, Mo., Eunice (Nelson) Roth of Frohna, Mo.; a sister-in-law, Wilma Mueller of Perryville; two grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother, Erwin; four brothers-in-law, Ernst Mahnken, Cleo Martin, Vernon Bachmann and Raymond Roth.
Mrs. Bachmann was an inspector at a shoe factory and had worked at Prince Gardner in St. Mary, Mo. She was a member of Zion Lutheran Church in Crosstown, Mo., its Ladies Aid and LLL. She loved embroidery, quilting and working in her garden.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday and 6:30 to 8 a.m. Friday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Zion Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Zion Lutheran Church or Lutheran Hour.