- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Speak Out 9/22/10
SOMEONE commented that when George Bush was president, gas was $2 a gallon. Under President Obama it's jumped up to $4 and is now well more than $2 a gallon. And you consider that a sign that Obama is doing a good job?
The instability in price is a negative. Of course, since he's put so many people out of work, there are quite a few people who wouldn't even be able to afford $2 a gallon if gas got that low again. You may delude yourself into thinking our country is in better shape under Obama, but most thinking people know otherwise.
Thanks for muffins
Thank you to the young girls who were giving away muffins at the Jackson Walmart for no reason and for no money. My children loved them.