- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Speak Out 9/22/10
SOMEONE commented that when George Bush was president, gas was $2 a gallon. Under President Obama it's jumped up to $4 and is now well more than $2 a gallon. And you consider that a sign that Obama is doing a good job?
The instability in price is a negative. Of course, since he's put so many people out of work, there are quite a few people who wouldn't even be able to afford $2 a gallon if gas got that low again. You may delude yourself into thinking our country is in better shape under Obama, but most thinking people know otherwise.
Thanks for muffins
Thank you to the young girls who were giving away muffins at the Jackson Walmart for no reason and for no money. My children loved them.