- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Sikeston bicycle rider seriously injured in Thursday crash
SIKESTON, Mo. -- A bicyclist sustained serious injuries after she was struck by a vehicle on Thursday evening.
The Sikeston Standard Democrat reported the Sikeston Department of Public Safety received a phone call in reference to the accident, which occurred at East Gladys and South Prairie, at 6:15 p.m. The bicycle rider, Willie Butler, 65, ran a stop sign at the intersection and was struck by a westbound vehicle on Gladys Street.
Butler had serious injuries and was moved to the Sikeston Field House, after which she was transported by air ambulance to a local hospital.