- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Legrand - Florek
Jeannette Marie LeGrand and Christopher David Florek were married Nov. 7, 2009, at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Scott City. The Rev. Oliver Clavin performed the ceremony. Organist was Betty Ressel of Kelso, Mo., trumpeter was Matt Martin of Benton, Mo., and vocalists were Kari Bickings of Oran, Mo., and Jim Simmons of Benton.
Parents of the couple are James and Brenda LeGrand of Benton, and Bill and Dorothy Thompson of Oran.
Matrons of honor were Shannon LeGrand, sister-in-law of the bride, and Anita Buckner, both of Benton. Bridesmaids were Melinda Gilpin of Scott City; Beth Kern of Benton; Pam Landeros and Andrea Hopper of Scott City, cousins of the bride; and Emily James of Sikeston, Mo. Junior bridesmaid was Kelsey Buckner of Benton.
Avra Cox of Cape Girardeau was best man. Junior best man was Christian Florek of Advance, Mo., son of the groom. Groomsmen were Davey Stotts of Zalma, Mo.; Kirby Sokolowski of Advance; Landon LeGrand of Benton, brother of the bride; Don Jones of Scott City and Jeff Slinkard of Whitewater. Ushers were Aaron and Bryan Burger of Scott City, cousins of the bride.
Candlelighters were Clara and Vicki LeGrand of Benton, aunts of the bride.
Flower girl was Addison Grace, daughter of Melinda Gilpin. Ringbearer was Michael Holmes, son of Steve and Jennifer Holmes of Oran and nephew of the groom.
Bridgett Scroggins and Rebecca Burger were guest book and program attendants.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City. Cake servers were Julie Burger, Linda Burger and Jennifer Holmes.
Parents of the bride and groom hosted the rehearsal dinner Nov. 6 at the church parish center.
Mrs. LeGrand-Florek is a graduate of Kelly High School, Southeast Missouri State University, and Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences. She is a registered nurse at Lutheran Home Health and Hospice.
The groom is a graduate of Kelly High School. He is employed at Viking-Cives Midwest Inc.
After a wedding trip to Cancun, Mexico, the couple is residing in Kelso.