- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Matlock - Gunn
Laura Jean Matlock and George Rodgers Gunn were united in marriage Sept. 4, 2010, at Kiwanis Park in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Paul Short of St. Andrew Lutheran Church performed the ceremony. Acolyte was Ashley Westbrook, daughter of Tom and Sherry Westbrook of Cape Girardeau.
The bride is the daughter of Michael and Deborah Nance of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of George and Susie Smith of Livingston, Texas.
Matron of honor was Laura Saupe of Shawneetown. Bridesmaid was Haley Gunn of Zalma, Mo., daughter of the groom. Junior attendant was Chloe Merkley, daughter of Chris and Dr. Patty Merkley of Jackson and niece of the bride.
Grant Williams of Cape Girardeau and the groom's father were best men. Groomsman was Connor Matlock of Jackson, son of the bride.
Flower girl was Cambreigh Matlock of Jackson, daughter of the bride. Ringbearer was Landon Williams, son of Grant Williams.
Program attendants were Brooke Zoellner and Emily Daly. Brooke is the daughter of Chasity Zoellner, and Emily is the daughter of Carolyn Niemira, all of Cape Girardeau.
A dinner and dance reception was held at the Show Me Center. Cake cutters were Ashley Westbrook and Brooke Zoellner.
The bride and groom hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 3 at Kiwanis Park.
Mrs. Gunn is a graduate of Central High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in child development in 1997, and a master of arts degree in secondary education in 2006, both from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a family and consumer sciences teacher at Central Junior High School, and is the junior high cheerleader coach.
The groom is a graduate of Central High School, and is attending Southeast University. He is sales manager at Monty's Manufactured Homes in Cape Girardeau.
The couple is residing in Jackson.