- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Running to improve 8th District
Voters of the 8th District: As the election draws nearer, you'll be hearing a lot from my opponent and from the special-interest groups funding her campaign. Unfortunately, a lot of what you hear will not be true. It will be typical D.C. politics. This is already taking place in my opponent's attack ads on TV, where instead of talking about a plan she's talking about D.C. politicians that I've never met.
Most of the voters I speak with have had it with typical D.C. politics, and so have I. It's why I'm running for Congress. Our current leaders, including congresswoman Jo Ann Emerson, have had their shot, and they're not getting the job done. We've given congresswoman Emerson 14 years, and during that time we've lost over 16,000 jobs at 150 plants. Bad trade deals that she supported have destroyed our manufacturing base. Our infrastructure is poor and outdated in many areas, and that's preventing us from bringing in new jobs. We have veterans and seniors who deserve better care than they're getting. And we have troops in Afghanistan who deserve a clearly defined objective so that they can accomplish it and come home.
I'm running to bring new infrastructure so that we can create jobs. I'm running to lead the debate on the Afghanistan war because for too long Congress has been silent. I served my country for 11 years in the military, and now I'm running for Congress to serve my home.
I encourage voters to learn where I stand. Visit my website at www.sowersforcongress.com, meet me out on the campaign trail or call your local field office at 573-614-7125.
TOMMY SOWERS, 614 N. Pine St., Suite 202, Rolla, MO 65401