- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Larry Bill: True conservative
The fact that Jo Ann Emerson has received endorsements from VFW, NRA, Missouri Right to Life and others does not mean she is the only one who can represent these causes. Larry Bill is definitely pro-life, supports gun rights and is a veteran. One thing he won't do is vote for any bank or pension bailouts. He also will not vote for any programs like "Cash for Clunkers" that used borrowed money, just moved sales for the year into one quarter and destroyed used cars that the poor and the young could afford.
Mr. Bill would sign on to the FairTax bill already in Congress. This would make our tax system the envy of the world. I thank Jo Ann for her service, but I think it is time for a different perspective on problem-solving.
Please vote for the true conservative in this race: Larry Bill.
LINDA REUTZEL, 3011 Minutemen Way, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701