- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
Larry Bill: True conservative
The fact that Jo Ann Emerson has received endorsements from VFW, NRA, Missouri Right to Life and others does not mean she is the only one who can represent these causes. Larry Bill is definitely pro-life, supports gun rights and is a veteran. One thing he won't do is vote for any bank or pension bailouts. He also will not vote for any programs like "Cash for Clunkers" that used borrowed money, just moved sales for the year into one quarter and destroyed used cars that the poor and the young could afford.
Mr. Bill would sign on to the FairTax bill already in Congress. This would make our tax system the envy of the world. I thank Jo Ann for her service, but I think it is time for a different perspective on problem-solving.
Please vote for the true conservative in this race: Larry Bill.
LINDA REUTZEL, 3011 Minutemen Way, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701