- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
Larry Bill: True conservative
The fact that Jo Ann Emerson has received endorsements from VFW, NRA, Missouri Right to Life and others does not mean she is the only one who can represent these causes. Larry Bill is definitely pro-life, supports gun rights and is a veteran. One thing he won't do is vote for any bank or pension bailouts. He also will not vote for any programs like "Cash for Clunkers" that used borrowed money, just moved sales for the year into one quarter and destroyed used cars that the poor and the young could afford.
Mr. Bill would sign on to the FairTax bill already in Congress. This would make our tax system the envy of the world. I thank Jo Ann for her service, but I think it is time for a different perspective on problem-solving.
Please vote for the true conservative in this race: Larry Bill.
LINDA REUTZEL, 3011 Minutemen Way, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701