- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Larry Bill: True conservative
The fact that Jo Ann Emerson has received endorsements from VFW, NRA, Missouri Right to Life and others does not mean she is the only one who can represent these causes. Larry Bill is definitely pro-life, supports gun rights and is a veteran. One thing he won't do is vote for any bank or pension bailouts. He also will not vote for any programs like "Cash for Clunkers" that used borrowed money, just moved sales for the year into one quarter and destroyed used cars that the poor and the young could afford.
Mr. Bill would sign on to the FairTax bill already in Congress. This would make our tax system the envy of the world. I thank Jo Ann for her service, but I think it is time for a different perspective on problem-solving.
Please vote for the true conservative in this race: Larry Bill.
LINDA REUTZEL, 3011 Minutemen Way, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701