- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Larry Bill: True conservative
The fact that Jo Ann Emerson has received endorsements from VFW, NRA, Missouri Right to Life and others does not mean she is the only one who can represent these causes. Larry Bill is definitely pro-life, supports gun rights and is a veteran. One thing he won't do is vote for any bank or pension bailouts. He also will not vote for any programs like "Cash for Clunkers" that used borrowed money, just moved sales for the year into one quarter and destroyed used cars that the poor and the young could afford.
Mr. Bill would sign on to the FairTax bill already in Congress. This would make our tax system the envy of the world. I thank Jo Ann for her service, but I think it is time for a different perspective on problem-solving.
Please vote for the true conservative in this race: Larry Bill.
LINDA REUTZEL, 3011 Minutemen Way, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701