- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)41
- Clay Waller faces federal charge of interstate domestic violence in wife Jacque's murder (05/23/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)27
- New restaurant, music venue to open in former Bel-Air building (05/23/16)4
- Instagram threat compels Perryville school district to hike security; 15-year-old detained (05/25/16)
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)12
- Body found near park identified as Cape resident (05/22/16)5
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Local business faces $42,000 in OSHA fines (05/25/16)2
- Mentally ill man's bout of violence leaves him with no place to go (05/23/16)8
ULLIN, Ill. -- Shelly Jean Story Staton, age 60, of Ullin passed away at 3:40 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2010, at her residence.
Shelly was born Oct. 24, 1949, at Pekin, Ill., daughter of the late Andrew Story and Ethel Martin Story.
Shelly and her husband, Bill, were owners of Carpet Cleaning Services in Ullin.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a sister, Rhonda Story; and a brother, Roger Story.
Survivors include her husband, William R. "Bill" Staton of Ullin; son Roger Sandon of Winchester, Tenn.; two daughters, Sonya Phillips of Winchester, Ronette Sandon of Jacksonville, Fla.; four sisters, Barbara Story of Tamms, Ill., Linda Dennis of Steger, Ill., Janis Garcia of Carlsbad, N.M., Debbie Wenglaaz of Wheat Field, Ill.; a brother, Findly Story of Crete, Ill.; five grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
Per the family request, Shelly will be cremated and a memorial service will be held at a later date at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, with the Rev. Clark Short officiating. Interment will follow privately.