- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Vicky Diane Walters, 57, of Gordonville died Sunday, Sept. 5, 2010, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born Dec. 3, 1952, in Kennett, Mo., to Charles S. and Evelyn A. Wesmorlan Fowler. Vicky and David Walters were married April 28, 1972.
She graduated from Richland High School and received a bachelor's degree from Southeast Missouri State University in 2008.
Vicky was a medical transcriptionist for Saint Francis Medical Center and Southeast Missouri Hospital for more than 25 years.
She is survived by her husband, David, of Gordonville; her mother, Evelyn Fowler of Essex, Mo.; two sons, Ryan and Adam Walters, both of St. Louis; a daughter Melissa (Shannon) Rhodes of St. Louis; two brothers, Mike Fowler of Essex and Rick Fowler of Maryville, Tenn.; a sister, Jeanie Kinsey of Herrin, Ill.
Visitation will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson, followed by a memorial service at 4 p.m. at the funeral home with the Rev. Sam Roethemeyer officiating.