- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)27
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Immaculate Conception supports SEMO Food Bank
Immaculate Conception Elementary School supports
Southeast Missouri Food Bank's BackPacks For Friday Program
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO- September 14, 2010- The students of Immaculate Conception Elementary School in Jackson, Missouri collected 314 pounds of canned food items to help fight hunger in Southeast Missouri on September 10th. That 314 pounds of food equals to 314 meals provided to hungry children and their families in our community.
The students were given a casual dress day if they brought in two or more canned goods. This incentive turned out to be a huge success.
Donated items from food drives during Hunger Action Month get distributed to Southeast Missouri Food Bank BackPacks For Friday Program.
If you would like to hold a food drive to support Southeast Missouri Food Bank or more information about the Food Bank please contact Amanda Winschel at 573.651.0400.