- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Immaculate Conception supports SEMO Food Bank
Immaculate Conception Elementary School supports
Southeast Missouri Food Bank's BackPacks For Friday Program
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO- September 14, 2010- The students of Immaculate Conception Elementary School in Jackson, Missouri collected 314 pounds of canned food items to help fight hunger in Southeast Missouri on September 10th. That 314 pounds of food equals to 314 meals provided to hungry children and their families in our community.
The students were given a casual dress day if they brought in two or more canned goods. This incentive turned out to be a huge success.
Donated items from food drives during Hunger Action Month get distributed to Southeast Missouri Food Bank BackPacks For Friday Program.
If you would like to hold a food drive to support Southeast Missouri Food Bank or more information about the Food Bank please contact Amanda Winschel at 573.651.0400.