- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Robert Boitnott Sr.
Robert Eugene Boitnott Sr., 72, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Sept. 11, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Dec. 2, 1937, in Charleston, Mo., to Elmer and Rose Scheffer Boitnott. He and Mary L. Parkhill were married Jan. 30, 1987, in Cape Girardeau.
Robert retired after 20 years service in the U.S. Navy.
He was owner of B&B Janitorial in Cape Girardeau, retiring in 1989. He was a member of VFW Post 3838, Eagles Aerie 3775 and Red Star Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife, Mary L. Boitnott of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Robert E. Boitnott Jr. of Cape Girardeau, William J. "Billy" Boitnott of Chaffee, Mo.; three daughters, Mary E. Weaver of Knoxville, Tenn., Michelle Chiles of Jackson, Tammy Smith of Lake Ozark, Mo.; two sisters, Shirley Gay of Mountain Home, Ark., Carolyn Pazdera of Charleston; 12 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two sons, Johnny and Carl Boitnott; two brothers; and a sister.
The family will have a private service at a later date.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be given to Eagles Aerie 3775.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.