- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Shirley Mae Morgan Durbin, 74, of Marble Hill passed away Saturday, Sept. 11, 2010, at St. John's Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis.
She was born July 30, 1936, in Arkansas, daughter of Calvin and Ruth Roberts Beard. She first married F.D. Morgan and later married Charles Durbin, who preceded her in death Aug. 28, 1990.
Mrs. Durbin worked in a hat factory as a machine operator and later was a nurse aide in the home health industry.
Survivors include three sons, Ricky Morgan of Jackson, Eddie Morgan of Advance, Mo., Shane Morgan of Marble Hill; a daughter, Donna Long of Marble Hill; three brothers, John Beard of Valley Park, Mo., Junior Beard of Tennessee, Mike Beard of Hornersville, Mo.; two sisters, Betty Crouch and Mary Ridings of Hornersville; seven grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gene Robbins officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill.