- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
People on the move 9/13/10
HealthPoint Cape staff completes Les Mills training
Five members of the HealthPoint Cape fitness staff attended the Les Mills Mega Quarterly conference Aug. 28 in Atlanta. More than 1,000 fitness professionals attended the conference and were trained in the latest versions of Les Mills programs. Mills is a retired athlete who represented New Zealand in track and field and weightlifting events at the Olympic Games. Amy Sutherlin, fitness manager at HealthPoint Cape, said the group participated in all eight programs at the conference, including the four currently offered at HealthPoint: BodyPump, BodyStep, BodyFlow and RPM. Sutherlin also took part in an RPM intensive program that lasted more than nine hours. HealthPoint Fitness will launch the latest versions of these fitness programs Sept. 24.
Neurologist Lorenzo-Bueltel joins Saint Francis staff
Saint Francis Medical Center has added neurologist Dr. Donna L. Lorenzo-Bueltel to its medical staff. She joins neurologist Dr. Andrew Godbey at Cape Neurology Specialists in diagnosing and treating complicated disorders and injuries of the brain and nervous system. Lorenzo-Bueltel earned her medical degree from Creighton University in Omaha, Neb., and completed a fellowship in clinical neurophysiology at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, also in Omaha. She completed her residency in neurology through the University of Nebraska-Creighton University Neurology Residency Program. Cape Neurology Specialists is at 3004 Gordonville Road, just east of the Saint Francis campus.
Modern Woodmen's Burress completes advanced training
Crystal Burress of Jackson, a financial representative with Modern Woodmen Fraternal Financial, has completed Kaplan Financial's Introduction to Advanced Markets course. The course teaches agents how to market to small-business owners and professionals in the areas of succession planning, group insurance, executive bonus plans, and qualified retirement plans. Burress started with Modern Woodmen in March 2010.
Local Celebrating Home designers attend national rally
Local independent designers with Celebrating Home, a direct selling company offering home decorating and entertaining products, recently attended the company's national rally in Dallas. They include Helen Kinnison and Cora Lee Sample, both of Cape Girardeau, and Becky Riney and Janet Weber, both of Jackson.