- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Local Woman to Publish Vampire Novels
Sep 10, 2010 -- Cape Girardeau, MO - Merpoint Publishing, LLC, an independent book publisher in West Virginia, announced today that it has signed Catherine Stovall, author of the upcoming young adult novel "Stolen," the first book in the "Requiem of Humanity" series.
The renewed fascination with vampires in the world of entertainment has brought many brand new authors and actors into its eerie limelight. Now the Heartland has its own rising star who hopes to shine among the big names in vampire literature.
Ms. Stovall is a long-term resident who has spent most of her twenty-nine years in Southeast Missouri and continues to raise her own children there. When asked about her choice to stay in the area despite her dreams of becoming a well-known author Stovall replied, "I grew up here. Now my kids will do so as well. I don't think you have to run off to the bigger cities to become someone. It's better to stay where you are happy and let your name cross the map for you."
According to the press release from Merpoint Publishing, Stovall is an emerging fantasy author with a skill for weaving tales that stretch the imagination and erase the line between reality and the supernatural. Merpoint Publishing will be releasing Stovall's debut novel "Stolen" in eBook and print format in November 2010.