- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)27
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Local Woman to Publish Vampire Novels
Sep 10, 2010 -- Cape Girardeau, MO - Merpoint Publishing, LLC, an independent book publisher in West Virginia, announced today that it has signed Catherine Stovall, author of the upcoming young adult novel "Stolen," the first book in the "Requiem of Humanity" series.
The renewed fascination with vampires in the world of entertainment has brought many brand new authors and actors into its eerie limelight. Now the Heartland has its own rising star who hopes to shine among the big names in vampire literature.
Ms. Stovall is a long-term resident who has spent most of her twenty-nine years in Southeast Missouri and continues to raise her own children there. When asked about her choice to stay in the area despite her dreams of becoming a well-known author Stovall replied, "I grew up here. Now my kids will do so as well. I don't think you have to run off to the bigger cities to become someone. It's better to stay where you are happy and let your name cross the map for you."
According to the press release from Merpoint Publishing, Stovall is an emerging fantasy author with a skill for weaving tales that stretch the imagination and erase the line between reality and the supernatural. Merpoint Publishing will be releasing Stovall's debut novel "Stolen" in eBook and print format in November 2010.