- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- David W. "Guido" Winkler, 45, of Perryville died Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born June 19, 1965, in Perryville, son of Linus and Velda Pecaut Winkler.
David attended Mineral Area College and Southeast Missouri State University. He was a substitute teacher in the St. Vincent School System in Perryville, where he coached football and basketball. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Church, and a 3rd Degree member of the Knights of Columbus.
Survivors include a son, Jordan Winkler of Perryville; two daughters, Jessica Winkler of Perryville, Kaitlyn Winkler of Springfield, Mo.; his father, Linus "Buddy" Winkler of Perryville; a sister, Mary Randy) Milfelt of Perryville; two brothers, Lynn (Sue) Winkler of Cape Girardeau and Tim (Kathy) Winkler of Perryville.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Velda Winkler.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Sunday and 6:30 to 10:50 a.m. Monday at Miller Family Funeral Home. Parish prayers with the Knights of Columbus will be at 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to St. Vincent de Paul School Endowment Fund, Masses or the American Heart Association.