- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Virgie Marie Estes, 82, of Marble Hill passed away Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010, at the home of a niece in Arbyrd, Mo.
She was born Jan. 28, 1928, in Grassy, Mo., daughter of Levi W. and Dora L. Phillips Acup. She and Charley Thomas Estes were married June 27, 1946. He passed away June 12, 2008.
Estes was of the Assembly of God belief.
Survivors include a brother, Harvey Acup of Pevely, Mo.; a niece, Betty Zolman of Arbyrd; and several other family members.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two brothers, Paul and Johnny; four sisters, Versie Hill, Edith Wells, Anna Hill and Pearl Eaker.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Jimmy Davis and Gene Robbins officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill.