- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- New regents president named after Knudtson decides not to seek second term (12/18/17)
- Southeast rings bell for 807 December graduates (12/18/17)
Sowers for Congress Launches Veterans for Sowers
On Friday, September 10, veterans around the 8th District will launch Veterans for Sowers, a group dedicated to helping elect Tommy Sowers. Organized by veterans around the district, this group will hold their official kickoff on Friday, September 10th by canvassing for Tommy Sowers in Kennett, Houston and West Plains. Additional events will take place next week in Poplar Bluff and Perryville. Gene Cherry, lead organizer for Veterans for Sowers, commented:
"I am joining with other veterans to support Tommy Sowers because we are ready for a leader in Washington who knows firsthand how to fight for his country. Unlike Jo Ann Emerson, who votes with her party 92% of the time, Tommy is nobody's rubber stamp. He has spoken out in favor of ending the war in Afghanistan, and has challenged his opponent, Jo Ann Emerson, for supporting job-killing bills like CAFTA and the bank bailout. Tommy has his priorities straight. He will lead the fight to bring jobs to our district and to serve our vets when they return home."
Tommy Sowers commented on the launch of Veterans for Sowers:
"I am honored to have the support of so many vets in the district, and I thank the members of Veterans for Sowers for all they're doing to spread the word about our campaign. There are over 70,000 veterans in our district. I will fight every day in Congress to serve our troops while they are deployed and when they return home. I will initiate greater oversight into our military spending and will lead the fight to end the war in Afghanistan. I will continue to receive my healthcare from the VA, so that I always know how vets are being treated. And I'll work tirelessly to rebuild our district's economy so that vets have jobs."
Veterans for Sowers members will be making phone calls and meeting voters now through November 2. Veterans interested in joining the fight can visit www.sowersforcongress.com to learn more and sign up.