- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two men shot in Cape Girardeau (12/16/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
High school roundup: Scott City rallies past Fredericktown for softball victory
The Scott City softball team worked some two-out magic at Fredericktown on Wednesday.
The Rams forced extra innings with two two-out runs in the seventh inning then won it 4-3 with a two-out run in the eighth.
Freshman Shelby Rhymer tripled with two outs in the eighth and came home when Melanie Lacy hit a rocket to the shortstop, who couldn't handle it for an error. It proved to be the winning run.
Scott City scored two in the seventh when Alexis Spriggs tripled with two outs. She scored on Macy Hall's triple, and Hall scored when Lindsay Kern reached on an error.
Spriggs earned the win by striking out six in a complete-game effort.
WP -- Alexis Spriggs. LP -- Godsey. 3B -- Spriggs (SC), Macy Hall (SC), Shelby Rhymer (SC). 2B -- Bellew (F), Hall (SC). Multiple hits -- Scott City: Hall 2-4, Spriggs 2-5, Rhymer 2-4; Fredericktown; Williams 3-4, Mascaro 2-4, Godsey 2-4. Records -- Scott City 6-2.
Central 15, Delta 5
Lexi Smith and Destiny Whitney both collected two hits and knocked in a pair for the Tigers.
Kadie Orenstein struck out four and walked three over five innings. She also drove in a run at the plate.
Courtney Beggs took the loss for the Bobcats.
WP -- Kadie Orenstein. LP -- Courtney Beggs. 3B -- Destiny Whitney (C). 2B -- Rachel Bartels (D), Lexi Smith (C). Multiple hits -- Delta: T. May 2-3; Central: Smith 2-4, Whitney 2-2. Records -- Central 4-6.
Kelly 1, Sikeston 0
Jade Rampley went 3 for 3 and scored the game's lone run as the Hawks improved to 7-2.
Rampley singled then stole second. She was sacrificed to third before scoring on a bunt by Jessica Worth.
Kristen Powell earned the win by striking out eight and walking two over seven innings.
WP -- Kristen Powell. LP -- Sydney Davied. Multiple hits -- Kelly: Jade Rampley 3-3. Records -- Kelly 7-2.
|Advance||25||25 Bell City||19||23|
Liza Gray had 13 digs and five kills in the home win.
The Hornets (2-3) got 12 assists from Haley Kennison, 10 digs from Kelsi Sturgeon and five kills from Haley Gifford.
JV -- Advance won 25-10, 25-14
The Crusaders swept the host Bulldogs.
-- From staff reports