- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
Area digest 9/9/10
Hosea captures club title
Ken Hosea shot rounds of 69 and 65 to win the senior club championship at Kimbeland Country Club.
Hosea posted a 10-shot victory. Terry Hill placed second at 144 with rounds of 70 and 74. Mike Cotner (70-76) and Dennis Drerup (73-73) tied for third at 146.
Manion, Crosson team for win
Stafford Manion and Clay Crosson shot a 62 to win a two-man handicap best ball event at Dalhousie Golf Club.
The team of Ben Cantrell and Ian Soutar tied for second at 66 with the team of Jim Rust and Jeff Patton.
Terry Parmly shot a 68 to win a one-lady scramble. Mary Jane Eftink was second at 72 and Ann Dombrowski placed third at 74.
In the team event best ball, Deanna Estes, Dombrowski and Parmly combined for a 64. Alice Temm, Harriette Myers and Eftink shot a 66.
In a couples four-person scramble, the team of Bryan Johnson, Tiara Johnson, Gary Squires and Pat Robert won with a 60. Ian Soutar, Corrine Soutar, Rob Younghouse and Laura Younghouse placed second at 61.
Brey takes first in flight
Judy Brey won A flight at the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's weekly outing.
Sheryl Bollinger won B flight.
-- From staff reports