- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
Area digest 9/9/10
Hosea captures club title
Ken Hosea shot rounds of 69 and 65 to win the senior club championship at Kimbeland Country Club.
Hosea posted a 10-shot victory. Terry Hill placed second at 144 with rounds of 70 and 74. Mike Cotner (70-76) and Dennis Drerup (73-73) tied for third at 146.
Manion, Crosson team for win
Stafford Manion and Clay Crosson shot a 62 to win a two-man handicap best ball event at Dalhousie Golf Club.
The team of Ben Cantrell and Ian Soutar tied for second at 66 with the team of Jim Rust and Jeff Patton.
Terry Parmly shot a 68 to win a one-lady scramble. Mary Jane Eftink was second at 72 and Ann Dombrowski placed third at 74.
In the team event best ball, Deanna Estes, Dombrowski and Parmly combined for a 64. Alice Temm, Harriette Myers and Eftink shot a 66.
In a couples four-person scramble, the team of Bryan Johnson, Tiara Johnson, Gary Squires and Pat Robert won with a 60. Ian Soutar, Corrine Soutar, Rob Younghouse and Laura Younghouse placed second at 61.
Brey takes first in flight
Judy Brey won A flight at the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's weekly outing.
Sheryl Bollinger won B flight.
-- From staff reports