- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Area digest 9/9/10
Hosea captures club title
Ken Hosea shot rounds of 69 and 65 to win the senior club championship at Kimbeland Country Club.
Hosea posted a 10-shot victory. Terry Hill placed second at 144 with rounds of 70 and 74. Mike Cotner (70-76) and Dennis Drerup (73-73) tied for third at 146.
Manion, Crosson team for win
Stafford Manion and Clay Crosson shot a 62 to win a two-man handicap best ball event at Dalhousie Golf Club.
The team of Ben Cantrell and Ian Soutar tied for second at 66 with the team of Jim Rust and Jeff Patton.
Terry Parmly shot a 68 to win a one-lady scramble. Mary Jane Eftink was second at 72 and Ann Dombrowski placed third at 74.
In the team event best ball, Deanna Estes, Dombrowski and Parmly combined for a 64. Alice Temm, Harriette Myers and Eftink shot a 66.
In a couples four-person scramble, the team of Bryan Johnson, Tiara Johnson, Gary Squires and Pat Robert won with a 60. Ian Soutar, Corrine Soutar, Rob Younghouse and Laura Younghouse placed second at 61.
Brey takes first in flight
Judy Brey won A flight at the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's weekly outing.
Sheryl Bollinger won B flight.
-- From staff reports