- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
VFW endorses Emerson
The Veterans of Foreign Wars Political Action Committee on Wednesday announced its endorsement of Rep. Jo Ann Emerson in her bid for re-election to Congress.
"It is with great pleasure that the VFW-PAC announces its endorsement of Jo Ann Emerson in her bid for re-election," said Dewey Riehn, Missouri VFW legislative chairman. "Throughout the years Jo Ann has been a great friend to veterans by sponsoring and supporting legislation to the benefit of America's veterans. We look forward to continuing our close working relationship with her in the years to come."
In July, Emerson sponsored and won congressional approval of an amendment to an appropriations bill requiring the Veterans Administration to notify by telephone within 30 days any VA patient who may have been exposed to improperly sterilized medical equipment.
The VFW-PAC considered 13 key congressional votes related to veterans health care, job training and Department of Defense funding in deciding which candidates to endorse. Of those 13 votes, Emerson voted in support of the VFW's position on 12.