- Architectural Digest names Cape Missouri's prettiest city (7/19/18)1
- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Meat cutter's obit stokes interest, laughter (7/20/18)2
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Cape drops charge against carGO (7/18/18)9
- Wiggans resigns; Bristow named interim superintendent at Meadow Heights (7/18/18)
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Cape city spending thousands to promote commuter flights, boost boardings (7/17/18)5
Vets need voice in Congress
This Saturday, as we commemorated the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, we are reminded of the sacrifices our troops make.
As a veteran, I want someone in Congress who knows firsthand what fighting for our freedoms means. That's why I'm joining countless other veterans to vote for Tommy Sowers, a former Green Beret who served in Iraq.
Our troops have fought in Afghanistan for almost nine years, yet Congress isn't asking tough questions about how to bring them home. Tommy is tough. He will stand up to the president and provide the leadership to bring them home.
Tommy will support our troops who return home. He's pledged to remain on VA health care, so he'll always know how vets are treated. He will prioritize job creation in our district, so that vets have jobs to return to.
It's time the 70,000 veterans in Southeast Missouri are represented by one of our own.
ANDREW D. WELLS, 1227 Chestnut St., Houston, MO 65483