- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Vets need voice in Congress
This Saturday, as we commemorated the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, we are reminded of the sacrifices our troops make.
As a veteran, I want someone in Congress who knows firsthand what fighting for our freedoms means. That's why I'm joining countless other veterans to vote for Tommy Sowers, a former Green Beret who served in Iraq.
Our troops have fought in Afghanistan for almost nine years, yet Congress isn't asking tough questions about how to bring them home. Tommy is tough. He will stand up to the president and provide the leadership to bring them home.
Tommy will support our troops who return home. He's pledged to remain on VA health care, so he'll always know how vets are treated. He will prioritize job creation in our district, so that vets have jobs to return to.
It's time the 70,000 veterans in Southeast Missouri are represented by one of our own.
ANDREW D. WELLS, 1227 Chestnut St., Houston, MO 65483