- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- William "Ed" Payne, 57, of Chaffee went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2010, after a long illness.
Ed was born on Sept. 13, 1952, in Sikeston, Mo., son of Oral and Martha Tinsley Payne.
He married the love of his life, Barbara Jean Kilburn, on March 30, 1984. She survives.
He is survived by four daughters, Veronica, Elizabeth, Martha, Edith; and a son, William "Bubba" Payne; two stepdaughters, Tammy and Tabatha.
He is also survived by two brothers, Glen (Connie) Payne of Kentucky, Buster (Lynn) Payne of Kelso, Mo., three sisters, Judy Dannemiller of Chaffee, Mary (Alan) Palermo of Fruitland, Trisha Maloney of Marble Hill, Mo.; and 12 grandchildren.
He will be lovingly missed by many other family members.
Ed loved to fish and yard sale.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 12:30 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Stan Hargis officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.