- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
BENTON, Mo. -- Rose Anielak, 94, of Benton died Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2010, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Rosalia Drozkowska, Jan. 9, 1916, at St. Louis, to John Stanislaus and Rosalia Agnes Skibicka Drozkowska.
On Jan. 13, 1938, at Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church in St. Louis, she married Walter Stanley Anielak, who survives at the home.
She is survived by a daughter, Arlene Husemann of Creve Coeur, Mo., and a son, Mel Anielak of Benton; 10 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; a brother, Thomas Drozkowski; and a sister, Marcella Richstatter, both of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by a son, Eugene K. Anielak; a grandson; a great-granddaughter; a sister; and five brothers.
Friends may call from 8:30 to 10:45 a.m. Saturday at St. Denis Catholic Church in Benton, followed by a funeral Mass of Christian Burial. Father Michael Casteel will be the celebrant.
Interment will be in the church cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, expressions of sympathy may be made in the form of a Mass offering to St. Denis Church or to the St. Denis School Fund.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel of Benton is in charge of arrangements.