- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)9
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Cape Girardeau police report 9/9/10
Cape Girardeau The Cape Girardeau Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Darcell Cedric Moore, 23, 414 S. Benton St., was arrested on Cape Girardeau warrants for failure to appear for contempt of court to pay fines, no operator's license, no insurance and a peace disturbance, and failure to appear for contempt of court for not paying fines for a seat-belt violation.
* Dominque Devonte Maxwell, 18, 2819 Whitener St., was arrested on a Cape Girardeau warrant for contempt of court for use of headlights.
* Two subjects were in custody pending formal charges of domestic assault.
* John Henry Taylor, 26, 8 Village Drive, was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for possession of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute.
* A subject was in custody pending formal charges of stealing.
* A laptop and DVD player were reported stolen at 429 N. Frederick St.
* A subject was in custody pending formal charges of violating a protection order.
* Waymon Lee Duncan, 58, 430 N. Frederick St., was arrested on suspicion of a peace disturbance.
* Cynthia Rae Ishaak, 45, of Leopold, Mo., was arrested on suspicion of stealing from Kidds, 103 N. Kingshighway.
* Brent Allen Battles, 35, 916 Good Hope St., was arrested on suspicion of property damage and assault.
* Christopher Terry Parmer, 27, 55 N. Pind Wood Lane, was arrested on Cape Girardeau warrants for failure to appear for driving with a suspended license and failure to drive on the right half of the roadway.
* Michael Earl Fulkerson, 61, of Marble Hill, Mo., was arrested on a Cape Girardeau warrant for failure to appear for a seat-belt violation.
* A 15-year-old was cited into juvenile court.
* Emanuel Curtis Harris, 30, 2019 Concord Place, received a summons for failure to pay sewer service charges.
* Assault was reported.
* Domestic assault was reported.
* An assault was reported.
* Firearms were reported stolen at 1531 Mississippi St.
* Culver's, 295 N. Kingshighway, reported cooking oil stolen.
* A CD holder, CDs and money were reported stolen at 9 S. Henderson Ave. Items were later recovered.
* Denny's, 161 West Drive, reported food stolen.
* Shell Dmart, 3415 William St., reported money stolen.
* A vehicle's rear window was reported damaged at 410 S. Hanover St.
* A vehicle was reported damaged at 1942 Delwin St.
* A TV and entertainment center were reported damaged at 909 Hackberry St.
* A 57-year-old man was placed in protective custody.
* A peace disturbance was reported.