- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Auditions for last show of the season...
River City Players will be holding auditions for their last show of the season on Sunday, September 12. From 1:00-3:00 the auditions will be held at Port Cape in the Captain's Quarters. The play is "The Crazy Time." It is written by Sam Bobrick and directed by Debbie Barnhouse. Bobrick is the author of "Getting Sara Married" that Barnhouse directed last year and was voted the best show of the 2009 season. This is a full lenght comedy and deals with situations that everyone has either had happen to them or someone they know. There are roles for 3 men and 2 women.
Come out and audition. Your community theatre needs YOU!