- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Rayfield - Wilding
KELSO, Mo. -- St. Augustine Catholic Church was the setting July 3, 2010, for the wedding of Kathryn Casey Rayfield and Shawn Steven Wilding. The Rev. Oliver Clavin performed the ceremony. Organist was Hope Essner and soloist was Renee Reinagel, both of Kelso. Vocalist Chris Hopper was accompanied on the guitar by Jason Depro, both of Cape Girardeau.
Acolyte was Jacob Trowbridge, cousin of the bride. Lectors were Erin Trowbridge and Eli Vandergriff, cousins of the bride, and Nancy Wilding, aunt of the groom.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Rayfield of Kelso. The groom is the son of Steven Wilding of Troy, Mo.
Matrons of honor were Nicole Burton of Cape Girardeau and Julie Trowbridge of Ironton, Mo., cousin of the bride. Bridesmaids were Cara Hahs of Friedheim, Elizabeth Hartsfield of Cape Girardeau, and Theresa Gray of Troy, sister of the groom.
Candlelighters were Carol Kellison of Cape Girardeau and Kim James of Silex, Mo.
Best Man was Sean Kehoe of Winfield, Mo. Groomsmen were Robert James of Silex; Lucas Rayfield of Cape Girardeau, brother of the bride; Robert Cuba of Fort Leonard Wood, Mo.; and Chris Lindenbush of St. Louis. Ushers were Michael Cook and Sammy Kight of Cape Girardeau, Ryan Livingston of Jackson, and Travis Gray of Troy, brother-in-law of the groom.
Bellringers announced the arrival of the bride. They were Sam Pletcher, son of Byron and Beth Pletcher; Aidan Steinmetz, son of Matt and Rebecca Steinmetz; Alex Trowbridge, son of Erin and Julie Trowbridge; Alex Wilding, son of Edgar and Nancy Wilding; and honorary bellringer, Lake Burton, son of Cole and Nicole Burton.
Ringbearer was Joel Gray, son of Travis and Theresa Gray and nephew of the groom. Flower Girls were Brigid Trowbridge, daughter of Erin and Julie Trowbridge; Ella Pletcher, daughter of Byron and Beth Pletcher; Lily and (honorary) Annabelle Steinmetz, daughters of Matt and Rebecca Steinmetz; Harlow Burton, daughter of Cole and Nicole Burton; Hayley Hahs, daughter of Adam and Cara Hahs; Hope Woodfin, daughter of Stan and Andrea Woodfin; and Chloe Wilding, daughter of Daniel and Rhonda Wilding.
Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Vandergriff of Arcadia, Mo., uncle and aunt of the bride, and Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Wilding of St. Peters, Mo., uncle and aunt of the groom, presented the gifts.
Guest book attendant was Halle Woodfin of Oran, Mo. Program attendants were Amanda Vandergriff of Arcadia, cousin of the bride, and Jess Twillman of Silex.
Following the ceremony, a reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City.
Mrs. Wilding is a 1998 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School and attended Southeast Missouri State University. She is a certified veterinary technician with Westin Kennels in Wentzville, Mo.
The groom is a 1997 graduate of Wright City High School, a 2001 graduate of Southeast University, and is currently completing a master's degree. He is a teacher and coach with Silex School District.
After a wedding trip to Florida, the couple is residing in Troy.