- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Shelton - Saupe
Laura Jane Krone Shelton and Weldon Lee Saupe exchanged vows July 17, 2010, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Shawneetown. The Rev. Robert A. Mann performed the ceremony. Organist was Melissa Cooper of Marble Hill, Mo., and vocalist was Mary Kay Stoneking of Jackson.
The bride is the daughter of Robert T. Krone Jr. and Joanna Krone of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Glenn and Doris Saupe of Shawneetown.
Maid of honor was Laura Matlock of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Mandi Moore of Cape Girardeau; Terri Koenig of Farrar, Mo.; Melissa Harris of Cape Girardeau, sister of the groom; and Sara Glenn of Cape Girardeau.
Jarrod Suhr of Daisy was best man. Groomsmen were Wayne Saupe of Cape Girardeau, brother of the bride; Marc Dambach of Shawneetown; Kirt Ruehling of Old Appleton; and Kevin Saupe of Perryville, Mo., brother of the groom. Ushers were Bryan Harris of Cape Girardeau, brother-in-law of the groom, and Jeremy Weiss of Detroit, Mich.
Candlelighter was Emily Harris, daughter of Bryan and Melissa Harris and niece of the groom.
Flower girl was Elsie Harris, daughter of Bryan and Melissa Harris and niece of the groom. Ringbearers were Blake and Jacob Saupe, sons of the groom. Junior attendants were Jacob and Levi Shelton, sons of the bride.
A reception, dinner and dance was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The bride and groom hosted the rehearsal dinner July 16 in the church hall.
Mrs. Saupe received a bachelor of science degree in nursing and registered nurse designation from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a nurse with Oak Ridge School District.
The groom is a 1996 graduate of Oak Ridge High School. He is employed at Shawneetown Feed and Seed.
After a wedding trip to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Gatlinburg, Tenn., the couple is residing in Shawneetown.