- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
Veterans Gets Helicopter Ride on her 89th Birthday
Eleanora Brewton, a WWII Navy Veteran who currently resides at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau, has been talking all year about how she wanted to celebrate her 89th birthday. She wanted to ride in a helicopter.
Staff at the Veterans Home contacted Bruce Loy at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport who put them in contact with Paul Salman, a local helicopter pilot. On Wednesday, September 1st, Salman landed his helicopter in front of the Veterans Home, and Ms. Brewton got the thrill of her lifetime. During their flight, which took them around Cape and over the Mississippi River Bridge, Ms. Brewton pointed out familiar landmarks.
When asked what her next adventure will be, she responded, "When I turn 100 I want to go skydiving."