- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Veterans Gets Helicopter Ride on her 89th Birthday
Eleanora Brewton, a WWII Navy Veteran who currently resides at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau, has been talking all year about how she wanted to celebrate her 89th birthday. She wanted to ride in a helicopter.
Staff at the Veterans Home contacted Bruce Loy at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport who put them in contact with Paul Salman, a local helicopter pilot. On Wednesday, September 1st, Salman landed his helicopter in front of the Veterans Home, and Ms. Brewton got the thrill of her lifetime. During their flight, which took them around Cape and over the Mississippi River Bridge, Ms. Brewton pointed out familiar landmarks.
When asked what her next adventure will be, she responded, "When I turn 100 I want to go skydiving."