- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Veterans Gets Helicopter Ride on her 89th Birthday
Eleanora Brewton, a WWII Navy Veteran who currently resides at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau, has been talking all year about how she wanted to celebrate her 89th birthday. She wanted to ride in a helicopter.
Staff at the Veterans Home contacted Bruce Loy at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport who put them in contact with Paul Salman, a local helicopter pilot. On Wednesday, September 1st, Salman landed his helicopter in front of the Veterans Home, and Ms. Brewton got the thrill of her lifetime. During their flight, which took them around Cape and over the Mississippi River Bridge, Ms. Brewton pointed out familiar landmarks.
When asked what her next adventure will be, she responded, "When I turn 100 I want to go skydiving."