- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Southeast football preview capsule
Southeast at Ball State
* When: 6 p.m. today.
* Where: Schuemann Stadium, Muncie, Ind.
* Records: Southeast 0-0 (0-0 OVC), BSU 0-0 (0-0 MAC).
* 2009 records: Southeast 2-9 (1-7 OVC), BSU 2-10 (2-6 MAC).
* Coaches: Tony Samuel: 13-32 in fifth year at Southeast, 47-89 in 13th year overall; Stan Parrish: 2-10 in second year at BSU, 59-52-3 in 14th year overall.
* History: First meeting.
* Radio: KEZS-102.9 FM.
THREE THINGS TO WATCH
* Get offense going: Southeast's offense struggled much of last year before averaging 36.5 points and 418.5 yards over final two games. Redhawks' offense needs a strong start to the season today to have any shot at upset.
* Defensive third downs: Southeast's defense allowed opposing offenses to convert 51 percent of their third downs a year ago, which ranked last in the OVC. Redhawks' defense needs to fare better in that area against Cardinals.
* Contain Lewis: Redhawks need to contain MiQuale Lewis, Cardinals' explosive tailback who ranks among the top rushers in program history.
OPPONENTS TO WATCH
* MiQuale Lewis: Senior tailback, listed at 5 foot 6 and 201 pounds, is third in BSU career rushing with 3,334 yards. Set school single-season record in 2008 with 1,736 yards. Had 871 yards last year (5.4 average) and caught 28 passes.
* Kelly Page: Junior quarterback played in just seven games last year before missing rest of season with broken thumb. Completed 109 of 207 passes (52.7 percent) for 1,019 yards with seven touchdowns and nine interceptions. Rushed for 128 yards.
n Robert Eddins: Senior defensive end led Cardinals in sacks with seven and tackles for loss with 13.5 last year. Had 55 total tackles. Tied for 23rd nationally in tackles for loss. Also blocked two punts.
-- Marty Mishow