- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)12
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Sowers welcomes debates
The Tommy Sowers for Congress team is looking forward to the October debates between the four candidates for the 8th District congressional seat. We have accepted four of six offered thus far: Cape Girardeau on Oct. 11, Poplar Bluff on Oct. 13, Rolla on Oct. 17 and Park Hills on Oct. 18.
In addition, VFW Post 5443 in Kennett has invited us to a fifth debate on Oct. 25. We thank the VFW for their gracious invitation and enthusiastically accept. We believe the debate should be centered on veteran and military issues, which are critical to all of us as citizens of a nation at war and residents of a district with over 70,000 veterans. Given other debates' focus on the economy and agriculture, also important issues for this district, we feel a defense-related debate is appropriate.
We've also received an invitation to debate by the administration at Missouri State University in West Plains, and we look forward to working out the logistical details for that event with the other campaigns. We applaud the commitment to furthering the political discourse by these institutions around the district and expect a spirited discussion.
JONATHAN FEIFS, 614 N. Pine St., Suite 202, Rolla, MO 65402
Paid for by Tommy Sowers for Congress, 614 N. Pine St., Suite 202, Rolla, MO 65402