- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
Sowers welcomes debates
The Tommy Sowers for Congress team is looking forward to the October debates between the four candidates for the 8th District congressional seat. We have accepted four of six offered thus far: Cape Girardeau on Oct. 11, Poplar Bluff on Oct. 13, Rolla on Oct. 17 and Park Hills on Oct. 18.
In addition, VFW Post 5443 in Kennett has invited us to a fifth debate on Oct. 25. We thank the VFW for their gracious invitation and enthusiastically accept. We believe the debate should be centered on veteran and military issues, which are critical to all of us as citizens of a nation at war and residents of a district with over 70,000 veterans. Given other debates' focus on the economy and agriculture, also important issues for this district, we feel a defense-related debate is appropriate.
We've also received an invitation to debate by the administration at Missouri State University in West Plains, and we look forward to working out the logistical details for that event with the other campaigns. We applaud the commitment to furthering the political discourse by these institutions around the district and expect a spirited discussion.
JONATHAN FEIFS, 614 N. Pine St., Suite 202, Rolla, MO 65402
Paid for by Tommy Sowers for Congress, 614 N. Pine St., Suite 202, Rolla, MO 65402