- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Elinor Harrod, 91, of Round Rock, Texas, formerly of Jackson, passed away Saturday, Aug. 28, 2010, at Lighthouse Altenheim in Round Rock.
She was born Feb. 3, 1919, in York, Neb., daughter of Charles Sumner and Mary Hulda Johnson Casebeer. She and James Harry Harrod were married May 31, 1940. He passed away Oct. 26, 1980.
Elinor worked at Reid Clinic in Bethany, Mo.; Albany Diagnostic Clinic in Albany, Mo.; and helped with the family dairy farm near Bethany, Mo.
Loving survivors include a daughter, Marta Harrod Wayman Harris and husband Jerald of Round Rock; four grandchildren, Conrad Everly of Shelbyville, Ky., Mike Everly, Brad Everly and Michelle Everly Koch of Jackson; three great-grandchildren, Ryan and Nick Everly of Shelbyville, and Brittany Koch of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Gwen Harrod Everly, who passed away April 3, 2004; three sisters and four brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tommy Weems officiating. Interment will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to First Baptist Church of Jackson.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.