- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
AmerenUE to change name to Ameren Missouri
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- The St. Louis-based utility company Ameren Corp. is changing the names of its subsidiaries in Missouri and Illinois.
The company said Wednesday that effective Oct. 1, AmerenUE will become Ameren Missouri. On that same day, Ameren utilities in Illinois -- AmerenCILCO, AmerenCIPS and AmerenIP -- will merge into one entity, Ameren Illinois Co.
The company is also updating its bill format in an effort to make it more clear for customers.
Ameren Corp. CEO Thomas R. Voss says the name changes seek to make it clear that each company is focused on the specific needs of customers in that state.
Ameren officials say there will be no advertising campaign to accompany the name changes. Customers began receiving letters on Wednesday.