- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- William Lance Martens, 47, died Sunday, Aug. 29, 2010, at his home in Yukon, Okla.
Lance was raised in Perryville, the youngest of three children of William "Bill" and Sheila Stortz Martens.
He was a 1981 graduate of St. Vincent High School. He was owner and president of Midwest Paving Co. in Yukon.
Survivors include his parents; a daughter and son-in-law, Leslie and Rob Wafer of Yukon; a son and daughter-in-law, William "Billy" and Taylor Martens of Albuquerque, N.M.; a grandson, Kohen Wafer of Yukon; two sisters, Lori Martens Fairchild of Allen, Texas, Lisa Martens Leimbach of Perryville; and several nieces and nephews.
The funeral is scheduled at 10 a.m. Friday at Smith and Turner Mortuary in Yukon.
A memorial service for Missouri family and friends is planned at 1 p.m. Nov. 27 at Cape County Cowboy Church in Oak Ridge.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.smith-turnermortuary.com.