- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
TAMMS, Ill. -- Larry Oberts, 48, of Tamms passed away Sunday, Aug. 29, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 26, 1962, in Cairo, Ill., to Lawrence and Myrtle Foltz Oberts.
Survivors include two sisters, Annie Cooper and Sarah Evans of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, James Oberts of Cape Girardeau and Lloyd Oberts of Olive Branch, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents; three brothers, Calvin, Lawrence and Robert Oberts.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, with the Rev. Robert Kirby officiating. Interment will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.
Donations may be made to the family and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.