- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
New outreach for MDA this year
The Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon will not broadcast on KFVS12. However, the national telethon will continue from Las Vegas and can be seen on WGN (Chicago), WFIE 14 (Evansville, Ind.) and WREG 3 (Memphis).
The Muscular Dystrophy Association and KFVS12 will continue the 30-plus-year partnership through an exciting new campaign honoring the telethon called "Stars Across the Heartland, a Campaign for a Cure." The decision for the local chapter of MDA to evolve and reach a greater audience comes at a time when many have been affected by economic decline. We are being proactive in an effort to reach more viewers with our message for help and hope.
With the help of KFVS12, Southeast Missouri Hospital, Lutesville Motors and Auffenberg KIA, 80 public-service announcements will air leading up to Labor Day. Each PSA will conclude with a call to action where supporters can make a donation by visiting www.kfvs12.com/mda. On Labor Day, KFVS12 will televise an MDA highlights segment" from 9 to 10 a.m. co-hosted by Mary Ann Maloney and Jeff Cunningham. This show will feature research updates, services provided by MDA and personal stories from families living with muscular dystrophy.
The local MDA office is here to assist with needs of families throughout the Heartland. For more information on health care services or to become involved with activities taking place throughout the year, please call 573-335-4400.
We are standing in the fight against neuromuscular disease.
JENNIFER WILLIAMS, Executive Director, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Cape Girardeau