- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Sherry Lynn Mercer Eagle, 58, of Cape Girardeau passed away Saturday, Aug. 28, 2010, at her home, surrounded by friends and family.
She was born Oct. 18, 1951, in St. Louis, to Joseph and Shirley Hamilton Mercer.
Eagle was bar manager for Bill and Chas Club, Legends and Country Nights. She attended Casino Dealer School in Tunica, Miss., and was casino manager at St. Charles Casino from 1992 to 2003. She was diagnosed with cancer in 2001. In 2005 she moved back to Cape Girardeau.
She is survived by her mother, Shirley Mercer of Cape Girardeau; three beloved sons, Patrick M. Bloebaum (Christine Roussel) of Cape Girardeau, Richard B. Eagle of Coulterville, Ill., Timothy Eagle of Fort Benning, Ga.; grandchildren, Dennis Bloebaum of Cape Girardeau, Angel (Ryan) Cook of Springfield, Mo., Patrick R. Bloebaum of Cape Girardeau, Chase and Riley Eagle of St. Charles, Mo.
Also a sister, Cheryl (Larry) Pearson of St. Charles; a brother, Dennis (Kathleen) Mercer of St. Charles; nephews, Kevin (Kim) Pearson, D.J. Mercer; a niece, Kelly (Eric) DeSplinter; great-nephews and nieces, Ethan and Emma Pearson, Chyler DeSplinter; best friends, Sharon Burton, Barb Chiles and her daughters, Natasha Sahin, Chelsea Chiles and Stormy Peeler. She is also survived by her companion/pet, Binky.
She was preceded in death by her father, Joseph Mercer; Patrick's father, Patrick R. Bloebaum; Richard and Timothy's father, Richard A. Eagle.
At her request, no viewing or funeral will be held. A memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Oct. 17 at Rockwoods Park in Chesterfield, Mo.
Donations may be sent to the American Veterans Association or the American Cancer Society.
Special thanks to Dr. Krishma Basarakodu, Southeast Missouri Cancer Center staff and the special services of Southeast Hospice.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.