- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Gertrude Sylvia Froemsdorf, 93, of Dubuque, Iowa, died Sunday, Aug. 29, 2010, at the Lutheran Manor in Dubuque.
She was born Dec. 8, 1916, in Sedgewickville, to Warren Francis and Mollie Belle Robinson Crites. She and Alvin Leo Froemsdorf were married March 7, 1936, at Jackson. He died June 7, 1994.
Gertrude was a sales associate at Sears in Cape Girardeau from 1950 to 1960, and also worked for other local stores. She was of the Lutheran belief.
Survivors include a son, Gary Froemsdorf of San Marcos, Texas; a sister, Narva Higdon of Rogersville, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a son, Harold Wayne Froemsdorf; a daughter, Judith Karen Wills; two brothers, Elmer and Cortland Ray Crites; three sisters, Nelder Klob, Lona McFerron and Laura McIntyre.
There is no visitation.
A graveside service will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Lindsey Cemetery in McClure, Ill., with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.