- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
People on the move 8/30/10
Larkin completes case management certification
Marcia Larkin, a care coordinator in Southeast Missouri Hospital Case Management Department, has successfully passed the American Case Management Association certification exam and is now an Accredited Case Manager. Larkin is the third person at Southeast to pass the exam. The ACM certification is designed specifically for hospital case management specialists. Just more than 1,000 hospital case managers nationwide have earned this credential. Larkin received her associate degree in nursing from Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge and her bachelor's degree in nursing at Clarke College in Dubuque, Iowa. She has been a member of the staff at Southeast for three years.
Sabreliner Corp. appoints Porter to parts supervisor
Aviation services provider Sabreliner Corp. has appointed Kristi Porter as parts support supervisor for Sabreliner aircraft operators. Porter has an extensive background in parts support and previously served as a member of the Sabreliner aircraft parts team. She now manages the team. Sabreliner has maintenance, manufacturing, processing and repair facilities at three service locations in Missouri, including Perryville, Mo., and one in Kansas. Its headquarters are in St. Louis.
Area United Way names campaign cabinet members
The United Way of Southeast Missouri is kicking off its 2010-2011 campaign with the help of several local business representatives who will be working to raise more than $1 million this year. This year's campaign is chaired by Wayne Wallingford of McDonalds and Kevin Greaser of Alliance Bank. Marketing chair is Dana Hukel of BOLD Marketing. The Top 20 campaign chair is John Mehner of the Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce. This year's loaned executives are: Jeanne Churchill, Capaha Bank; Linda Horrell, Montgomery Bank; Dom Mastropierro, Region's Bank; Benji Ferguson, Bank of Missouri; Cathi Schlosser, Alliance Bank; Lee Ann Tally, Banterra Bank; Ryan Wiley, U.S. Bank; Ellen Carlson, Mississippi River Radio; John Brey, Capaha Bank; Erica Wheeler, BOLD Marketing; Rhett Hendrickson, Hendrickson Business Advisors; Tara Conner, First State Community Bank; Rob Stephens, ServPro. The United Way's Small Business Blitz co-chairs are Lisa Rodman, Bank of Missouri, and Angie Umfleet, Chap Arnold Insurance.
People on the Move items must be received by 2 p.m. Thursday to appear Monday. Submit items by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 334-7288 or by mail to P.O. Box 699, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702.