- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Walther - Stinson
Leann Katherine Walther and Shannon Michael Stinson were married Sept. 19, 2009, at First Baptist Church in Millersville. The Rev. Daniel Hale performed the ceremony. Pianist was Alissa Vandeven and violinist was Mackenzie Beel, both of Leopold, Mo. Vocalists were Alisha Curtis, cousin of the bride, and Matt Hale, both of Jackson.
The bride is the daughter of Ralph and Mary Walther of Gordonville. The groom is the son of Mike and Sue Stinson of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Jana Walther of Gordonville, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were April Stinson of Marble Hill, Mo., sister of the groom, and Tina Walther of Jackson, sister-in-law of the bride.
Best man was Leanis Collier of Jackson, uncle of the groom. Junior best man was Jakoata Walther, son of Ryan and Tina Walther and nephew of the bride, and groomsman was Ryan Walther. Ushers were Richard Aufdenberg and David Aufdenberg, uncles of the bride, and Travis King, cousin of the groom, all of Jackson.
Candlelighter was Melissa Marbain of Poplar Bluff, Mo.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 18 at the church.
Mrs. Stinson is a 2003 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southeast Missouri State University in 2007. She is benefits technician in the university's human resources department.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a computer technology certificate from Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center in 2002, an associate of science degree in business administration from Metro Business College in 2002, and a bachelor of science degree in business management from Liberty University in 2010. He is a financial representative with Modern Woodmen of America.
After a wedding trip to Niagara Falls, Canada, the couple is residing in Jackson.