- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)1
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Fried food offerings at Texas fair to include alcohol
DALLAS -- Fried food fans looking to feast at this year's State Fair of Texas will have to bring an ID along with their appetite.
Fair officials unveiled eight finalists in the Big Tex Choice Awards, including alcohol-laced fried goodies, Wednesday. Vendors at the fair that runs Sept. 24 through Oct. 17 are seeking honors for best taste and most creative new offerings.
Fair spokeswoman Sue Gooding said those hoping to try the beer-filled pretzel pockets and deep-fried frozen margaritas will have to prove they are at least 21.
The other six finalists to be judged by members of the media Sept. 6 include a deep fried s'mores Pop-Tart, fried club salad, fried chocolate, fried lemonade, fried caviar that features black-eyed peas, and a fried Frito pie, with chili and corn chips.