- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Fried food offerings at Texas fair to include alcohol
DALLAS -- Fried food fans looking to feast at this year's State Fair of Texas will have to bring an ID along with their appetite.
Fair officials unveiled eight finalists in the Big Tex Choice Awards, including alcohol-laced fried goodies, Wednesday. Vendors at the fair that runs Sept. 24 through Oct. 17 are seeking honors for best taste and most creative new offerings.
Fair spokeswoman Sue Gooding said those hoping to try the beer-filled pretzel pockets and deep-fried frozen margaritas will have to prove they are at least 21.
The other six finalists to be judged by members of the media Sept. 6 include a deep fried s'mores Pop-Tart, fried club salad, fried chocolate, fried lemonade, fried caviar that features black-eyed peas, and a fried Frito pie, with chili and corn chips.