- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Darvin Edgar Rubel, 69, of Perryville died Monday, Aug. 23, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 23, 1940, in Cape Girardeau, son of the late Edgar Jacob and Elva Heise Rubel. He and Rita Favier were married Aug. 4, 1962.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Tammy (Kent) Grayum of Festus, Mo., Debbie (Donnie) Schlitt of Oran, Mo.; a son, Gary Rubel of Smithton, Ill.; and four grandchildren, Tyler, Brooke and Blake Schlitt and Dylan Grayum.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Rubel was a farmer. He had also worked for the federal government in soil conservation and as a mapping agent. He was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church, VFW Post 4282 and American Legion Post 133.
He was a U.S. Army veteran.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today and 6:30 to 8:15 a.m. Thursday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Immanuel Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Matthew Marks officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery with military rites by American Legion Post 133.
Memorials are preferred to Arthritis or Diabetes Foundation.