- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Fall enrollment up at Southeast Missouri State University
Enrollment has reached a record high of 10,460 students at Southeast Missouri State University.
A preliminary report based on Monday's opening day of classes shows overall enrollment up 4.9 percent from the same day last year. The school says in a news release that the size of the freshman class increased by 8.1 percent.
The growth strained the residence halls, where all private rooms in one hall were canceled. Southeast Missouri State also converted offices into residence hall rooms. Plus, two unused floors in Greek housing are being used to accommodate non-Greek students.
University officials say the changes made it possible to accommodate all the students who wanted to live on campus.
1 University Plaza, Cape Girardeau, MO