- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Sowers endorsed by veterans group
Veterans and Military Families for Progress has endorsed Tommy Sowers in the upcoming Missouri Eighth Congressional District election.
Sowers, a Democrat, will face incumbent Republican U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson, Libertarian Rick Vandeven and independent Larry Bill in the Nov. 2 general election.
The 501 (c)(4) organization advocates on behalf of veterans and active-duty service members, including National Guard members, reservists and their families. It is headquartered in Washington D.C.
Sowers is an Army ROTC graduate who attended special forces training and commanded a Green Beret unit in Iraq. He's earned two Bronze Stars.
In a news release Monday, the organization commended Sowers for his public support of funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs and improving health care for veterans.