- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Tommy Sowers for Congress - Cape Girardeau opening
Over 80 supporters, including Republicans, Democrats, and Independents, came out to celebrate the grand opening of the Tommy Sowers for Congress headquarters in Cape Girardeau on Sunday afternoon. These supporters, both young and old and representing three counties, joined Tommy Sowers for a ribbon cutting ceremony and a campaign update.
Kyle Juvers, who along with volunteers planned the event, commented: "It was incredibly exciting to see so many people come out in support of our campaign here in Cape Girardeau. Members of the community recognize the need to get involved this year, because they know we just can't afford another term of the failed policies Jo Ann Emerson has supported."
Community members are encouraged to stop by the Sowers for Congress Cape Girardeau office to learn more about Tommy Sowers and his plan to bring new blood to Washington and economic opportunity back to Southeast Missouri. The office is at 1105 Broadway Street in Cape Girardeau and is open Monday to Friday from 9AM -- 9PM, Saturdays from 10AM -- 8PM and Sundays from 1PM -- 9PM.