- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Tommy Sowers for Congress - Cape Girardeau opening
Over 80 supporters, including Republicans, Democrats, and Independents, came out to celebrate the grand opening of the Tommy Sowers for Congress headquarters in Cape Girardeau on Sunday afternoon. These supporters, both young and old and representing three counties, joined Tommy Sowers for a ribbon cutting ceremony and a campaign update.
Kyle Juvers, who along with volunteers planned the event, commented: "It was incredibly exciting to see so many people come out in support of our campaign here in Cape Girardeau. Members of the community recognize the need to get involved this year, because they know we just can't afford another term of the failed policies Jo Ann Emerson has supported."
Community members are encouraged to stop by the Sowers for Congress Cape Girardeau office to learn more about Tommy Sowers and his plan to bring new blood to Washington and economic opportunity back to Southeast Missouri. The office is at 1105 Broadway Street in Cape Girardeau and is open Monday to Friday from 9AM -- 9PM, Saturdays from 10AM -- 8PM and Sundays from 1PM -- 9PM.