- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Tommy Sowers for Congress - Cape Girardeau opening
Over 80 supporters, including Republicans, Democrats, and Independents, came out to celebrate the grand opening of the Tommy Sowers for Congress headquarters in Cape Girardeau on Sunday afternoon. These supporters, both young and old and representing three counties, joined Tommy Sowers for a ribbon cutting ceremony and a campaign update.
Kyle Juvers, who along with volunteers planned the event, commented: "It was incredibly exciting to see so many people come out in support of our campaign here in Cape Girardeau. Members of the community recognize the need to get involved this year, because they know we just can't afford another term of the failed policies Jo Ann Emerson has supported."
Community members are encouraged to stop by the Sowers for Congress Cape Girardeau office to learn more about Tommy Sowers and his plan to bring new blood to Washington and economic opportunity back to Southeast Missouri. The office is at 1105 Broadway Street in Cape Girardeau and is open Monday to Friday from 9AM -- 9PM, Saturdays from 10AM -- 8PM and Sundays from 1PM -- 9PM.